Looking for a job now that we’re emerging from the COVID-19 pandemic? You’re far from alone. Companies all over the country are reopening and hiring back new staff, but a lot of things are different now. Here’s how to adapt to the new 2021 job searching trends. Don’t forget to contact a staffing company in Broward County, FL for an extra job search boost!
- Remember that historical job search trends probably won’t apply: If you’ve been in the same industry for a while, you’re probably familiar with its usual boom and bust periods, key hiring practices and more. However, the pandemic has disrupted most industries, and now that it’s ending, companies are taking a new approach. Make sure to adjust your job search according to what’s trending, and if you have any good contacts, drop them a line. The more you network, the better sense you’ll have of where the jobs may be.
- Get ready for more remote work: Remote work is here to stay. For most Americans, that’s a welcome change—it cuts down on commutes, is often more comfortable, boosts productivity and is even better for the environment. Keep in mind that if you’re looking for a strictly in-person job, that might be difficult to find. At least you’ll get some more use out of your fancy work
- Consider pivoting to a booming industry: Certain industries are expected to boom in 2021. Technology is almost always expanding, but customer service, renewable energy, e-commerce, healthcare and financial technology are especially hot right now. If your skills allow for it, consider pivoting and looking for jobs in these popular sectors. With the right networking and hard skills, you should be able to find a great job in one or more areas.
- Consider temporary and contract work: In many cases, temporary and contract work will be easier to get than regular full-time jobs. Remember, most businesses are still recovering from the pandemic. This might include hiring back staff slowly, recovering from financial hits or adapting to the lasting changes the pandemic brought. Don’t turn down temporary or contract work just because you’d prefer to be full-time right away—it can lead to a great full-time fit at a good company.
- Get ready for more automated recruiting: Automated recruiting has been popular for years now, and you shouldn’t expect that to change anytime soon. Since there’s a high influx of applications for every job, recruiters are using technology to find the most suitable candidates. Tailor your resume to the job, using specific keywords in the job posting. Learn how to ace digital format interviews, and try to follow up with a human whenever possible.
Although there’s a lot of competition for jobs right now, that shouldn’t intimidate you. Working with a great staffing company is a good way to get noticed by top companies in your desired field, and supplement your income in the meantime.
Key Technical Resources, Inc. specializes in information technology staffing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Call us today to get started.
Categorised in: Career Advice