Five Tips to Prepare Your Small Business for Summer
Summer is officially here—in case you couldn’t tell from the scorching temperatures—and that means it’s time to make any necessary adjustments for the season. Some companies do extra business in the warmer months, while in others, everyone takes the opportunity to go on vacation and soak up the sun. Whether summer is a boom or bust period for your business, it’s important to ensure you’re fully prepared.
Here are our five best tips to help you prepare for summer—and if hiring information technology and marketing staff in North Fort Lauderdale, FL is part of your summer plans, Key Technical Resources, Inc. can help:
- Determine your company’s vacation needs: Who is going on vacation, and when? If your employees haven’t already submitted their vacation requests, remind them to turn them in as soon as possible. It’s very challenging to plan for the summer unless you know how much staff you have (or need) at any given time. Once the requests are in, you’ll be able to analyze the workflow and handle any overlapping requests as necessary.
- Figure out your cash flow: If you’re a seasonal business, it can be difficult to predict your cash flow—especially if summer is a historically busy or slow period. On top of that, since we’re coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic, customer behavior is more unpredictable than normal. Generally, it’s smart to create a 13-week cash flow analysis so you can ensure enough money is coming in to pay all the bills.
- Decide if you need additional staffing: If your staff is planning to take a lot of vacations this year, you might need temporary or contract staffing. Working with a staffing agency like Key Technical Resources, Inc. can streamline that process. We’ll source, interview and send the best candidates according to your needs. All you need to do is pick which excellent candidates you’ll bring on board.
- Make contingency plans: What happens if hurricanes or other natural disasters affect your cash flow? If the power goes out for days at a time, will you lose your inventory? Will you need to halt operations? We might take electricity and good weather for granted, but failing to prepare for contingencies can land your business in hot water. This is a great time to make contingency plans for natural disasters and other unusual and disruptive circumstances.
- Clean up your workspace: Finally, if summer is a slower season for your company, take the opportunity to declutter and streamline your processes. Digitize documents whenever possible, follow up on outstanding invoices and get current on all maintenance and service projects. When the busy season rolls around, you’ll be glad you did.
Busy or slow, summer requires a lot of planning. If you need to hire temporary or full-time workers, call Key Technical Resources, Inc. today. We’re happy to handle all your information technology and marketing staffing needs in North Fort Lauderdale, FL. Let us tap into our considerable staffing pool to find the perfect workers for your company!
Categorised in: Staffing Agency