Reliable staffing agencies in Fort Lauderdale, FL are a great way to get work on both a temporary and full-time basis. They act as a middleman between companies and employees, which makes it easier for them to find the right kind of talent with less effort up front. In order to make sure you’re the type of candidate they can place, most staffing agencies will interview you before matching you with potential companies.
Taking the staffing interview seriously is not only a good way to get placed with a great company, but it’s also an opportunity to practice your interview skills. If you’re one of the many people who struggle with presenting themselves well in interviews, here are our best tips for staffing agency interviews:
- Do your research: As with any job interview, you need to do some research first. See what you can find out about the company, the type of industries they work with and the candidates they’re looking for.
- Practice potential interview questions: A quick Google search can yield plenty of common interview questions, both general and specific to your industry. Get a friend to help you practice your answers to these interview questions. The more you practice, the more comfortable you’ll feel when you’re at the actual interview. Remember, your staffing agency wants to know about your qualifications, experience and other useful skills so they can match you with the best possible opportunities.
- Dress for success: Part of convincing a staffing agency to work with you is showing them that you know how to conduct yourself in an interview, and a big part of that is dressing appropriately. It’s always better to be overdressed than underdressed. If you’re conducting the interview via videoconference, make sure you sit in a clean, clutter-free and well-lit area.
- Bring your resume, portfolio and other necessary documents: As with any interview, make sure you bring your important work-related documents like resumes and portfolios. Being overprepared is far better than scrambling for common documents on the spot. Plus, it’s a confidence booster—when you prepare for every possibility, you’ll feel (and appear) more competent overall.
- Take the interview seriously: The number one mistake candidates make is to treat the staffing agency interview as less important than a “real” job interview. Staffing agencies are in the business of matching candidates with companies, which means that this is indeed a real job interview—think of it as a preliminary interview with the company of your dreams. If you don’t make a good impression with your staffing agency, they’ll be less inclined to keep you in mind for available positions. After all, the candidates they send to their partner companies reflect upon them, too. Always prepare, show up on time and interview as if it were for your dream job.
Are you looking to work with a reliable staffing agency in Fort Lauderdale, FL? Key Technical Resources, Inc. can match you with the technical job of your dreams. Reach out to us today to get started.
Categorised in: Staffing Agency