If you have a full-time job, you might feel as though shifting to part-time employment would be a net negative, as it means reduced hours and lower pay. However, there are a lot of people who actually take part-time employment after a long job hunt, or after they leave a job and are not yet ready to begin seeking new full-time work.
What are the pros of part-time work in Fort Lauderdale, FL? Here are just a few examples of some of the benefits of working part-time if the situation is right:
- More family time: The biggest benefit is that working less means you get to spend more time with your family. This is especially beneficial if you have young children who require a lot of care and attention. You can cut down on the amount of money you have to spend on childcare, as you’ll be with your children instead.
- Get more done at home: If you aren’t spending as much time at work, you’ll have much more time and energy to get stuff done around the house, or to take care of errands during the day, rather than having to spend your evenings and weekends taking care of business.
- Pursue a hobby: Part-time work gives you more time to pursue your interests. Perhaps you want to get in shape—rather than having to get up early to get to the gym during peak morning hours, you can go during the normal 9-to-5 work day when there aren’t going to be as many people around. Maybe you want to learn a musical instrument, pick up a language, pursue woodworking or crafting or try writing. Whatever you’re interested in doing, part-time work gives you more of an ability to do it, at least from a time perspective.
- Better than no income: If you’ve been on the job hunt for quite a while and have nothing to show for it, you can take a part-time job and at least get some income—it’s better than nothing at all, and it can just be a temporary position until you find a full-time job that’s more to your liking.
- Get educated: One of the biggest barriers for people who wish to go back to school is time. If you’re working a full-time job and have a family, going back to school can seem like an impossible task. Working a part-time job will make this much more feasible. You can get the education and training you need to pursue a new career that is more in line with your interests and the lifestyle you want to have.
- Career growth: Part-time work still allows you to learn and grow in your career. If you completely take time off, your employment gap might lead to your skills getting rusty, or cause you to fall behind the curve in your industry.
For more information about some of the pros of part-time work in Fort Lauderdale, FL, we encourage you to contact Key Technical Resources, Inc. today. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have for us!
Categorised in: Career Advice