If you have a job interview coming up soon, it’s important you do your research ahead of time so you’re prepared when you sit down in front of the hiring team. Researching your prospective employers will give you a bit of an edge in the hiring process, because companies are always impressed by candidates who know about their business.
If you’re wondering, “What should I research before my job interview?” here are some suggestions. These are the things you’re going to want to learn about the Fort Lauderdale, FL employer before your interview with them:
- Key individuals: You should know some names you can refer to, including the CEO or president of the company, or some important managers of key departments within the company. You can find this information on the company’s website, which might have employee or leadership bios. You might also be able to find them on Twitter or LinkedIn, which will give you a sense of their personality and what’s important to them.
- Company values: Companies are always trying to hire people who align with their values and mission, and if you’re aware of the company’s main values before you even go into your interview, this can help you frame your responses in such a way that will align with those values. In this way, you’ll be able to position yourself as someone who will be a perfect fit within the company’s existing culture.
- News: Has the company been in the news at all recently? Try staying up to date with the latest news and events relating to the employer, and reference them as appropriate in the interview setting.
- Mission statement: Similar to the company’s values, you should be familiar with the company’s mission statement, and how you can contribute to the company based on that statement. Pay attention to what they have written on the “about us” section of their website.
- Products and services: Obviously, you should have a certain level of familiarity with what it is the company actually does before you go and sit for an interview. You should know the kind of work you’d be hired to perform, and be prepared to discuss how you can be an effective contributor in that area. Do some background research on company products and services. Check out case studies and white papers if you can find them, and arm yourself with information about the company’s core offerings.
- Who is conducting the interview: If you can find out exactly who is going to be conducting the interview, it can be helpful to learn a bit about them and their role within the company. Look through the emails you’ve received regarding the interview, as those might offer a hint as to who will be conducting the interview. Research them on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn about their background, their position, their interests and what is important to them professionally and personally.
For more information about what you should research before your job interview in Fort Lauderdale, FL, reach out to Key Technical Resources, Inc. Our staffing agency would be pleased to work with you!
Categorised in: Uncategorized