When looking for a job, you have an arsenal of tools at your disposal to prove that you’re the most qualified candidate. Your resume, cover letter, project portfolio and references all speak to your skills and experience. But in today’s digital age, you don’t want to forget one crucial piece of your job-seeking portfolio: your LinkedIn profile.
LinkedIn is a social media platform focused around professionals and their skills, allowing you to network and share information. It’s also one of the first places recruiters and employers will look to gather information about you and your qualifications. If your LinkedIn profile isn’t as complete as it could be, you could miss out on a great job opportunity!
Fortunately, there are a lot of easy ways to maximize your LinkedIn presence. Use these LinkedIn profile tips to help you find your dream job in Fort Lauderdale, FL:
- Fill out every section: LinkedIn has a robust menu of sections you can add to your profile, and when you spend time completing each one, you’ll have loads of content that makes it easier for recruiters to find you. It also showcases all your skills and experience beyond what you put on your resume.
- Use a clear, professional photo: Your photo is the first thing people see, so you want it to be clear and professional. Use a neutral backdrop and wear professional clothing to send the right message.
- Add contact information: LinkedIn is all about connections, and you want people to be able to connect with you! Add your contact information to make it easier for employers to reach out.
- Create an awesome headline: Your headline should deliver a powerful message about you as a professional. Use this to show your personal value proposition—what do you have to offer employers?
- Ask colleagues for recommendations: You can showcase your skills on your own, but it means so much more when others do it for you! Ask your former managers or colleagues to write recommendations for your profile that speak to your accomplishments and assets as a team member.
- Use multimedia to show off experience: If you’ve assisted in the creation of cool projects or reports you can share online, give recruiters something to look at! Add media like websites, photos and PDFs to your summary and job experience sections to provide tangible examples of your hard work.
- Add unique skills and experience: You probably have a host of skills and experience that don’t perfectly align with or aren’t relevant to the job or industry you’re seeking. However, that doesn’t mean they aren’t valuable! Add these special skills and experience, whether volunteer or professional, to your profile to display how well-rounded you are. A recruiter might actually think that these skills will contribute to your job in a way you hadn’t considered!
By using these LinkedIn profile tips, you’ll make it easier for your hard work to be discovered and showcase your professionalism in the place your future employer in Fort Lauderdale, FL looks first.
If you’re looking for a new job, you might also find success by working with a staffing agency like Key Technical Resources! We place temporary and permanent employees in many positions, including IT, finance, accounting, sales, marketing and administration. Contact us today to learn more.
Categorised in: Career Advice