Positive Traits in a Sales Rep in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Some people are born to sell—and some struggle to make their way to the top of their game. It’s a job that demands certain traits to be successful, and if you’re not naturally born with the ability, you might struggle to improve. With this in mind, if you’re an employer looking to hire the perfect sales representative, it behooves you to understand the top qualities of a successful sales rep in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Individual styles may vary, but you’ll find that these traits are consistent:
- They stay composed: Above all, you want a sales rep who has the ability to stay composed and collected under pressure. Sales is not the industry for hotheads—you need to be polite, friendly and deliberate during negotiations.
- Every task is a time investment: Some of the most successful salespeople treat every task as a time investment—and if that investment won’t pay off, they know to move on to something more profitable.
- They’re not afraid to learn: You need salespeople who are flexible and constantly evolving with their industry. When you have a sales rep with industry expertise, who knows the business from top to bottom, they’ll be able to teach their buyers about your product. Cultivate your own curiosity, or hire an employee who isn’t afraid to research.
- A sense of healthy skepticism helps: Rose-colored glasses are a nice way to look at the world, but when your sales rep has a sense of skepticism, they’re more likely to be able to identify bad deals and potential pitfalls.
- Polite persistence pays off: Multiple follow-ups are usually required—so you don’t want to be or hire the type of person who figures one “no” or “I’m not sure” is the end of the road. Successful sales reps are unfailingly polite, but persistent. There’s a fine line between persistence—which can earn relationships with buyers—and aggressiveness, however. Aggressive reps can alienate their audience.
- They’re goal-oriented: Setting specific goals creates motivation. If you’re trying to sell a product, you should know exactly how much you have to sell to survive—but you should also have stretch goals to continue that motivation long after nabbing that perfect client.
- They’re people and relationship-oriented: Great sales reps can build a rapport with others, and continue those people skills long after the sales interaction has ended. Ideally, employers want a charming, polite representative who reflects well on the company and adds a personal touch.
Hire your sales team in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Key Technical Resources has been helping employers identify talent using successful sales rep tips in Fort Lauderdale, FL for over 20 years. Our diverse and skilled applicants have been placed in both temporary and permanent positions at companies across the area. Employees love us because we match them with great companies, and employers love our talented workers. Whether you’re looking for a top sales rep or want to get hired, contact Key Technical Resources. We look forward to helping you find the opportunity you need.
Categorised in: Career Advice