How to Attract Talent to Your Organization in 2019
With unemployment nearing record lows and the American economy continuing to grow at a healthy clip, businesses around the country are struggling to find qualified laborers. Attracting a skilled, educated worker that fits in with your company’s culture and core value system is already a challenge – the nation’s shortage of skilled workers is making this problem even more pronounced for many companies.
Regardless of your hiring strategy, it’s important to create a work environment that allows employees to feel welcome and productive. This will help you not only attract top talent, but also retain it.
Here are just a few tools savvy companies can use while working on staffing in Fort Lauderdale, FL:
- Outsource screening and sourcing: Reading through resumes and conducting phone screenings is a tedious, monotonous process. It is, however, an important and essential part of recruiting. You shouldn’t take up your hiring manager’s time with this tedious task. Instead, outsource talent sourcing and screening to a trusted recruiting company that can thoroughly screen candidates, and provide you with a pre-reviewed list.
- Be as clear and concise as possible: When talking with potential candidates and when crafting a job listing, use clear, concise language that accurately outlines the expectations for the role you’re filling. Through the recruitment process, the candidate should know exactly what to expect—both in terms of responsibilities and the company culture—when they arrive for their first day.
- Search for adaptable employees: One way to overcome the nation’s skilled labor shortage is by finding and hiring employees capable of filling several needs within your organization. Always seek out candidates that possess interdisciplinary skills, so they can fill-in for other roles as necessary. Interdisciplinary candidates will also have more opportunity for mobility within your organization.
- Center your company’s values: Every company possesses a unique set of core values. It’s important to keep these values at the forefront of your recruitment process. If even the most qualified candidate doesn’t line-up with your company’s core values, you shouldn’t consider hiring them. It’s important they believe in and thoroughly understand your brand’s mission.
- Focus on employees: Creating an employee-focused workplace will allow you to improve your company’s ability to attract and retain top talent. While centering the needs of employees may seem like a challenging task to accomplish while also operating a successful business, there are many ways to make employees feel valued. Perks like pet insurance, flexible office hours and break room snacks are cost-effective ways to improve employee retention.
Key Technical Resources, Inc. specializes in finding, vetting and helping you hire staff in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We help you identify and secure talent for your company. We’re capable of handling every step of the hiring process. Trust our intuitive recruiters to find team members in-line with your company’s needs and values. We offer permanent, temporary and augmentative staffing opportunities.
Call us today to learn more about ways we can help you overcome the nation’s skilled labor shortage.
Categorised in: Career Advice