It feels good to own your own small business. You have the freedom to decide when you work and the direction your business will take. But do you have a team of people you trust to help you reach your business goals? Like many new small business owners, you might at first choose to take on the responsibilities of an entire office team. While this can save money, you are liable to burn out quickly.
One of the most beneficial things you can do for your small business is hire the right people to join your team. Luckily, there are steps you can take to ensure this happens. Here’s some insight from an experienced staffing agency in Fort Lauderdale, FL:
- Know what you need in an employee: First, figure out what type of person you want working for your business. Keep in mind that your company will thrive better if you hire somebody who can completely fill the position for the long term. Furthermore, you should focus on finding an employee who is capable of helping the business move forward, not throw a wrench in your goals. Before beginning your search, write out an employee description that accurately lays out specific job duties, responsibilities and work expectations. Review the job description during interviews.
- Find the right candidates: Finding the right person for an open position can be a difficult task, but it’s not impossible. Consider getting the word out through word of mouth. Ask around if someone knows somebody looking for a job with the skills you seek. Use social media to post job description, including links to your company website for additional information. You can also place job postings on job sites like Indeed and CareerBuilder or in newspapers.
- Talk to team members and people you trust: Another tip for finding new employees is to ask for recommendations from people you trust, like close friends and family and current hardworking team members. Many small business owners find extremely loyal, highly skilled employees going this route.
- Reach out to past employees or coworkers: If you have been in business long enough to have former employees, consider reaching out to a select group of these individuals. These should be the folks who left on good terms, such as for personal or family reasons, new job opportunities or a need to relocate. Former employees might only need a little bit of retraining to get up to speed, which is great for business.
- Work with a staffing company: Whether you are in need of a permanent or temporary employee for your small business team, a staffing company can help. Getting help with hiring takes a lot off your plate—including the process of placing job postings and calling around—so you can focus on other important tasks at hand.
Would you like to take advantage of a success-driven staffing agency in Fort Lauderdale, FL? If you are a small business owner deciding it’s time to add people to your team, look no further than Key Technical Resources. Call us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Staffing Agency