Whether you’ve been working in marketing for decades or you are fresh out of school and looking for your first job, having a good resume is essential. Unfortunately, if you’ve never formally learned how to write a resume, you might not know exactly how to create a resume that will appeal to potential employers in the marketing field. Thankfully, our staffing company in Fort Lauderdale, FL has a few simple tips that you can use to improve your resume and, in turn, boost your chances of getting a job:
- Show your work: It’s one thing to talk about your skills and experience, but it’s another thing to demonstrate your talent with hard facts. Incorporating data or charts into your resume that show how your performance has improved growth at your current position will stand out to potential employers.
- Make a statement: You shouldn’t use cursive font or print your resume on colored paper, but there’s nothing wrong with making a statement with subtle design and color elements. Instead of a traditional black and white resume, add a pop of color in your headers. You can also use different fonts for your resume headers and body to create more visual interest and improve the readability of your resume.
- Focus on your wording: Today, lots of companies use screening software that will automatically rule out applicants if they don’t use certain key words that are in the job description. With that in mind, you should take the time to curate your resume for the specific jobs that you’re applying for. Taking a few extra minutes to make sure that your resume aligns with the job that you’re applying for can greatly improve your chances of landing an interview.
- Keep it short and sweet: No matter how much education or career experience you have, you should keep your resume to about a page in length. If your resume is too long, employers may not be able to assess all of its content effectively and are more likely to go with a candidate with a concise overview of their skills and experience. You can give your potential employer more information by providing a link to your LinkedIn page or samples of your work.
- Include contact information: You should always keep your resume updated with all relevant contact information so that a company can get in touch with you. Include your phone number, email address and street address or, at the very least, your city of residence. You can also include your preferred contact method so that an employer knows how they should contact you to get the fastest response.
If you’re ready to make the next step in your marketing career, you should consider applying with Key Technical Resources. We are a staffing company in Fort Lauderdale, FL that has been matching employers with qualified personnel since 1999. We are proud to be a locally owned and operated company with a dedication to professionalism and high-quality service. Apply today to get started with our interview process and learn about the marketing opportunities that are available through our partner employers!
Categorised in: Staffing Agency