Temporary jobs might not sound particularly appealing after a period of unemployment—after all, who wouldn’t crave a little more job stability and security? However, you may find that in the current economy, taking a temporary job in Fort Lauderdale, FL is exactly the stepping stone you need to find full-time employment.
Temp jobs make up nearly 20 percent of new jobs each year. Even though the idea of taking on a job that’s basically guaranteed to end might sound counterproductive, we have compelling reasons why you should consider it:
- The contracts are longer: These days, employers aren’t just hiring for week-long periods while their employees are out on vacation. Temp workers often have contracts ranging from a month to a year, depending on the industry and demand. Employers like hiring contract employees because the hiring speed, flexibility and the built-in “trial period” make it easier to find trusted talent.
- It might lead to full-time employment: Just because the job starts out as temporary doesn’t mean it will stay that way. If you treat each day as an audition and truly give the job your all—including proactively taking on responsibilities and showing you’re a team player—you could find yourself with a permanent position at the end of your contract.
- Pick up new skills and experience: Not only will you earn additional job experience through a temp job in Fort Lauderdale, FL, but you’ll also have the opportunity to learn new skills. That’s especially true if you take a job in a different field. Although it might not be ideal, employers will look favorably on you for staying employed and learning something new.
- Avoid resume gaps: The dreaded resume gap! When you’re searching for jobs, you want to avoid a gap longer than six months or so. Employers don’t look favorably on gaps (although it’s not an automatic deal-breaker), so anything you can do to show you’re a committed and enthusiastic worker can only help.
- Networking opportunities: Even if your temp job in Fort Lauderdale, FL doesn’t immediately lead to full-time employment, don’t worry! Temp jobs in your field are also great networking opportunities. You never know who will introduce you to your next boss.
- Feel better: Finally, unemployment is hard. Not only can it be financially difficult, but the psychological effects of long-term job searching can be harsh. Many employees find that they feel better when they return to the workforce and return to a paying routine.
Temp jobs in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Whether you’re looking to hire or be hired for a temporary job in Fort Lauderdale, FL, you can count on Key Technical Resources. For 20 years, Key Technical Resources has placed diverse, highly-qualified applicants in permanent and temporary positions at companies throughout the community. Businesses rely on us for help with temporary job staffing in Fort Lauderdale, FL because we have a strong track record and a keen eye for the types of candidates our clients are seeking. Get in touch to learn how we can help you!
Categorised in: Staffing Agency